Remember, the common mistake we make is we forget that being identified with Christ is not an evidence of our status in Him. A lot are comfortable with Identity with Christ, while they refuse to transition to the undeniable identity, that is the “Identity in Christ”. This is the last part of this writing. Remember Peter and Judas, they had that good relationship with Jesus, anywhere He went, they followed. The world knew they were His disciples but at a time Jesus was around and they needed to affirm their Identity, one denied Him, while the other betrayed Him. Yes, that is the situation of many acclaimed Christians today, they deny their faith, their stands, their identity when it matters most. Even Moses, at the early stage denied his identity in the God of Israel, so we have today. Are you thinking about it right now, oh, I guess you beginning to remember times you have denied Him, times you have failed to affirm your identity in Him. Are you downed by the thoughts? No, don’t be, there is good news for you.
When Peter came to the point of realization, he knew he only had identity with Christ and not in Him, whao! the hunger came, the thirst, he had to find himself, remember Peter became the major voice and face of the disciples of Jesus and when the time of prosecution came, He did not deny Jesus but affirm his identity in Him. Moses’ encounter with God, gave him the confidence to go face the tyranny demanding for denial. He faced every demons in human flesh brought before him and affirm to them, He has come before every one of them in the name of the God of Israel who has chosen and sent him to bring out His people from Egypt. Identity in Christ gives you an absolute confidence, you speak in confidence, you act in faith, command in Authority because you know your place in Him who is in control of the heaven and earth, at whose name every knee must bow and all tongues confess His supremacy.
In the face of tribulation and trials, can you affirm your identity in christ? If you can’t then it is time, you find your way back to Him just as Peter did. What do you have to do?
- Make the confession, a true confession from your heart (1 John 4: 13-15, Romans 10:9)
- Holiness, be a reflection of Holiness, the words of your mouth and the actions you do. For God has not called us to impurity but to holiness (1 Peter 1:16)
- Keep to His commandments; With His spirit, obedience should not be difficult for us. Trust and obey, for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus, than to trust and obey Him (1 John 2:3-4)
- Follow His footsteps; I remember reading a book by Charles Sheldon titled, “In his step”. At every situation and Junction of life, when faced by the thick and thins, you have to ask yourself, if Jesus was in this situation, what will He do. This is the point you require the Holy Spirit take over, let him led you. (Galatians 5:24-25)
As a christian, I encourage you today, don’t just have identity with Christ, please have identity in Christ, affirm your stand in Him. You automatically connect to grace which carries a world of benefits, which include;
1. Hope of Glory; once you have this identity in Him, you connect with this glory, the glory embedded in the revelation of His mystery (colossians 1:27)
2. Revelation of His mystery; Daniel 2:22 says, He revealeth the deep and secret things: He knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with Him.
3.Redemption; I can confirm to you that being in Christ automates us to enjoying sufficient grace in which our redemption is guaranteed (Ephesians 1:7).
4. Divine wisdom and knowledge: Colossians 2:3 says In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Remember James 1:5 says If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Just imagine, see what you tend to enjoy by having identity in Christ. There is so much to experience, so much to enjoy but before you do, have this identity.
Retrace your steps , find yourself in Him and confess Him, our Father is so loving, does not and will not turn you down. Going back to Him, gives so much joy in heaven, a huge celebration. I pray today, as it is in 2 Corinthians 13 vs 14, The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
For more information and enquiry send a message to us: firstname.lastname@example.org